Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't know which direction to go in

This seems to be the theme of my life lately. But really the only direction to go in is forward--that relates to getting my house ready to sell. As far as what direction my new hobby--collecting, wearing, studying the 1950's goes, I'm not sure. I guess I just need to play it by ear. I know my home and my husband need my attention, my emotional and physical presence as well as my participation around our home, especially now as we prepare to leave the home we've known for about 14 years. It's bittersweet.

My blog needs some sprucing up. I have a hard time finding images I can download for free to put on here, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. And I'd like to have a better background of some sort, but have yet to figure this out. Some pictures of myself would also be good. I need to get some taken in one of my outfits.

I'm also having a hard time trying to decide what to do with my hair. In my opinion, I have the best haircut of my adult life, but it's not vintage. I know it doesn't say anywhere I have to go all the way vintage--that's just another decision I need to make. Right now it's kind of the Lisa Rinna do, the razored shag. So easy to take care of and flattering. I have very thick and wavy hair and can't be bothered to straighten it, but left to itself, it becomes very thick and heavy. I love having it razored and thinned out. However, I also look good with my longer hair pulled back into a chinon or french twist. To grow or not to grow?

Well, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I've desperately needed a hobby for a long time now and this presents the opportunity for many side hobbies, cooking, sewing, decorating, etc. I'm passionate about it. More than I can say about anything I've done in years.

Hope everyone's staying cool. It's hot as blazes here in southeast Georgia, and it's not even August.

Fannie

No comments:

Post a Comment