Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday

Got up and started working in the kitchen after I'd had my coffee, a shower and fixed my face.

Have to work today, but intend to keep working in the kitchen. I try to follow www.flylady.net and this week we work in the kitchen. Since that's one of the areas I am trying to focus on this week, I'll follower her posts on this area. I've already reloaded the dishwasher, and wiped down a couple of the counters. There's so much to do that it feels overwhelming and as if I can never get it all done, and yet if I don't start somewhere, it will truly never get done.

I'm trying to work in the bedroom and the kitchen this week and hope to get them into manageable shape. That's the key, manageable. Then I can move on to the next disaster area.

I'm off the next two days after my 11-4 shift today, so I guess I'll make that my goal. Get the kitchen and bedroom manageable. Clothes folded and put away, floors swept, surfaces dusted, etc. In the kitchen, the Flylady missions for the week.

I need to set boundaries on my television and internet time. So once I finish this post, I won't check in again on email or Facebook until I get off work.

I'll post my progress on all of this.

(Continued from earlier Monday . . .. )

Before heading to work, I completed my first Fly Lady (www.flylady.net) mission. I wiped down my stovetop. I also payed some bills and made some necessary phone calls preliminary to a doctors appointment I have tomorrow. So all in all a successful morning.

Just got in from work. We had a small lunch service at the new restaurant, truly hopeful. Everything went well and everyone seemed to enjoy their food. Home now with my feet up, but then I'll commence to folding, sorting, and putting away laundry and probably make that my project for the evening. Dinner is leftover turkey meatloaf or for me my leftover fajita chicken made into a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment